Let Our Experienced Attorneys Help You Find The Right Visa

P Visa for Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers

The P visa category is divided into the following classifications.

The P-1A visa allows internationally recognized athletes to enter the U.S. to perform either individually or as part of a team.

The P-1B visa allows individuals to enter the U.S. to perform with an entertainment group.

The P-2 visa allows individuals to enter the U.S. to perform as an artist or entertainer either individually or as part of a group as part of a reciprocal exchange program.

The P-3 visa allows artists or entertainers to enter the U.S. to perform, teach, or coach a culturally unique program.

A P-1A applicant must demonstrate that he or she will be performing at an internationally recognized level of performance.

A P-1B applicant must demonstrate that his or her entertainment group has been recognized internationally as being outstanding in the discipline for a sustained and substantial amount of time. At least 75% of the entertainment group’s members must have had a sustained and substantial relationship with the group for at least one year.

A P-2 artist or entertainer must perform under a reciprocal exchange program between a U.S. organization and an organization in at least one other country. The petitioner must notify the appropriate labor union as part of the application process.

A P-3 applicant must demonstrate that the event he or she will perform at is one that is culturally unique as demonstrated by statements from experts and published reviews.

Essential support personnel are highly skilled individuals who are an integral part of the performance of a P-1, P-2, or P-3 visa holder. These individuals may be granted admission to the U.S. in support of the principal visa holder.

A P visa holder may be granted a period of stay in the U.S. up to the time needed to complete the event with extensions available if more time is needed to complete the event.

The P-4 visa is available to the spouse or children under 21 years of age of a P-1, P-2, or P-3 visa holder. A P-4 visa holder is not eligible for employment in the U.S.

From your initial visa to the United States to Green Cards and Citizenship, 

Iqbal Legal Group has you covered.

Schedule Consultation


Start Here